[tex-live] TEXMFLOCAL

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sat Nov 22 02:07:23 CET 2008

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Lars Madsen wrote:
>> but texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf sets the default to
>>
>> $SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf-local
>
> Isn't that the right one? You have installed to
> 	./2008/....
> thus the binaries are in
> 	./2008/bin/arch/...
> thus SELFAUTOPARENT spits out
> 	./2008/
> and $SELAUTOPARENT/../
> 	./
> and this you arrive at
> 	./texmf-local
>
> Did you actually try it out?
>
>> ./texmf-local
>
> Do oyu have
> 	TEXMFLOCAL=./texmf-local
> ??? This is a *very* bad setting, because when you compile a document in
> 	~/tex/foobar/
> then TEXMFLOCAL=~/tex/foobar/texmf-local, etc etc etc
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

No i instructed the installer to install in the same directory as I was
installing from, basically telling it that the installation dir is .

I'll see if I can redo it and get the same results tommorow (might very
well be me that did something stupid).

Tough on my system I'd actually like texmf-local to be in 2008/, we use
our own texmf tree for local stuff that.

/daleif

--

/daleif