[tex-live] strange problem with `xdvi' and `0' key

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri Nov 21 16:30:10 CET 2008

[xdvik version 22.84.14 (Xaw toolkit)
 Libraries: kpathsea version 3.5.7, T1lib version 5.0.1;
 this is TeXLive rev. 11284, running on a GNU/Linux box]

I currently encounter a very strange problem.  Having a DVI like
codepage.dvi (from TeXLive), which has more than 10 pages, I type

  5 g

to navigate to the page 5.  However

  10 g

brings me to page 1 instead page 10.  In fact, the `0' key is
apparently ignored within a page number for the `g' command.  Only

  0 g

works; it brings me to the last page of the document (which is a good
idea but not documented in the man page[1]).

Any ideas?  It smells like a bug...

    Werner

[1] In analogy, -3 could go to the third last page of the document,
    but this doesn't work...