[tex-live] tlmgr cannot work on Ubuntu

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri Nov 21 00:55:14 CET 2008

On Fri 21st Nov, 2008 at 00:27, Lars Madsen seems to have written:

> cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:
>> On Thu 20th Nov, 2008 at 12:16, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) seems to have
>> written:

>>> Lars, that may be more easily said than done.
>>> Even as a TeX-Live list subscriber, I do not
>>> know where the list archives are, nor how to
>>> access them.  It may well be that Gao Feng Nan
>>> is in the same position.  If you do know where
>>> they are, and how to access them, he may
>>> appreciate a pointer.
>>
>> A pointer is included in every message along with information
>> explaining how to subscribe and unsubscribe. My email client shows a
>> link saying something like "This message contains list management
>> information" or some such. Following the link shows the list
>> information including the relevant pointers.
>>
>> - cfr
>
> where? I don't see that in my Thunderbird (though I might have switched
> something off at some ppint way back).

At the bottom of every message sent from the list, I see this:
 	[ Note: This message contains email list management information]
This is actually a link. I move down so that it is the active link and
press return/enter, I get a screen of information about the lists with
links to various pages, including the archives.

I can't say where it would be in Thunderbird or what it would look
like, of course. But it is definitely present in all messages I get
from the list.

This only appears for messages sent via the list, of course. If
somebody replies to this message using my email address, it won't
appear. If somebody replies using both my email address and the list
address, I'll get one copy with the list management information and one
without. (So I think it is stripped when you reply to a message.)

> Nothing in the headers either.

I don't think it is in the headers. It is more like another part of the
email. Sorry, I don't know the right term.

- cfr