[tex-live] TeXLive 2008 installation over the Internet breaks for Solaris10 x86

Michael E. Thomadakis miket at mikefire1.tamu.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:38:34 CET 2008

Good to know that native tar is also considered for UNIX OSs. I did got
around that by just using the GNU version of tar.

thank you much for all the good work ...

Michael

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Karl Berry wrote:

| Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:24:03 -0600
| From: Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>
| To: miket at mikefire1.tamu.edu
| Cc: tex-live at tug.org
| Subject: Re: TeXLive 2008 installation over the Internet breaks for Solaris10
|     x86
|
|     tar: /dev/rmt/0: No such file or directory
|     tar: /dev/rmt/0: No such file or directory
|     Installing: zwgetfdate
|
| I think this particular error with tar has been fixed, so installation
| has a chance of working with non-GNU tar.
|
| (There is another tar invocation used for backups upon update, and that
| one isn't fixed yet.)
|
| Thanks again for the report.
|
| karl

% Michael E. Thomadakis, Ph.D.        Senior Lead Systems Engineer/Res \
% E-mail: miket AT sc.tamu.edu                    Texas A&M University \
%         miket AT tamu.edu                      Supercomputing Center \
% Voice:  979-862-3931                    Teague Research Center, 104B \
% FAX:    979-847-8643                       College Station, TX 77843 \