[tex-live] tlmgr problems (linux64)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Nov 16 00:11:16 CET 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> Dear Karl, Norman

(Norbert, not Norman ;-)

> Yesterday tlmgr update from ftp://tug.org/texlive/tlcritical gone
> rogue and began to remove packages en mass. I interrupted it and

Ahhhh, yes, thanks, that is a bug in the current tlcritical *itself*,
not in the tlmgr that is in tlnet.

In this case, until we have fixed it, please use
	tlmgr -location .../tlcritical install --reinstall bin-texlive texlive.infra
should do the trick, or get the
	.../tlcritical/update-tlmgr-latest.sh
and run it.

> Can't locate object method "option" via package "TeXLive::TLPDB" at
> /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr line 1088.

Same problem, old version in tlcritical which was broken or
texlive.infra not updated. Please get the update-tlmgr-latest.sh and try
that. Thanks

Best wishes

Norbert