[tex-live] No more Koma-Script Updates on CTAN

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Nov 11 14:45:09 CET 2008

Hi Rainer,

On Di, 11 Nov 2008, Rainer Schöpf wrote:
> What I did not realize until today: he had already stopped uploading
> koma-script to CTAN, and he relased koma-script version 3 last week.

> I will update the copy on CTAN accordingly, but we (the CTAN team) cannot track
> changes to packages unless CTAN updates can be automated.

I guess I can write a script that checks sarovar or whatever and upload
it, but I am not sure if I want to do that, after all the insults of
Kohm's side.

> Sad, isn't it?

Honestly, I don't care. If he is not interested in supporting the users,
meaning cooperation with CTAN and at least TeX Live, well, I wish him
good luck.

We (Karl and me) have already changed our packaging to comply with his
funny requirements, but he still insulted us as licensing traitors etc
etc. Honestly, I dont care anymore.

One should remember that in TeX Live we include what is on CTAN. So if
there will be no koma script anymore, it will disappear from texlive,
and via that from all the distributions.

Sad for the users, yes, they can complain and should complain. But I
guess it wont help.

Best wishes

Norbert

LOWTHER (vb.)
(Of a large group of people who have been to the cinema together.) To
stand aimlessly about on the pavement and argue about whatever to go
and eat either a Chinese meal nearby or an Indian meal at a restaurant
which somebody says is very good but isn't certain where it is, or
have a drink and think about it, or just go home, or have a Chinese
meal nearby - until by the time agreement is reached everything is
shut.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff