[tex-live] Problem running install-w32client.bat

Nikos Platis nplatis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 00:11:33 CET 2008

I tried to realize a shared installation of TeXlive 2008 between the
Linux and Windows Vista OSs installed on my PC, inspired by the network
installation possibilities mentioned in the manual. So I installed
TeXlive on Linux but in a folder on the Windows partition, corresponding
to C:\texlive, so that all the files would be accessible from both OSs.
Of course I selected the appropriate architectures.

Then I switched to Windows and tried to run install-w32client.bat (after
copying it in C:\texlive\2008). The program produced an error:

"conv_to_win_path" is not exported by the TeXLive::TLUtils module
Can't continue after import errors at C:\texlive\2008\install-w32client
line 14
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\texlive\2008\install-w32client
line 14.

So I edited install-w32client and changed line 14 from
    use TeXLive::TLUtils qw(mkdirhier conv_to_win_path);
    use TeXLive::TLUtils qw(mkdirhier);

Now the script seems to work -- unfortunately fc-cache does not finish
successfully, but that's another story.
The above bug should be corrected...

Nikos Platis