[tex-live] A graphicx and xetex.def problem

Joanna Ryćko typoagrafka at gmail.com
Tue May 27 00:59:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm testing TL 2008 (installed last week) on my Mac (PPC) and I have a
problem with the following minimal example:

%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

I get the following output message:

Package graphics Info: Driver file: xetex.def on input line 90.

! LaTeX Error: File `xetex.def' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: def)

Enter file name:
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty:91:
Emergenc
y stop.
<read *>

l.91 ...ed{ver@\Gin at driver}{\input{\Gin at driver}}{}
                                                   ^^M

I looked into my installation of TL 2007, and the file xetex.def can
be found in:
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/graphics/xetex.def
But in 2008 the file is not there. There is actually no such directory
as graphics in xelatex.

I don't have this problem while compiling with pdflatex.

If you need any further data from me, feel free to write me a message.
And if you answer this email, it would be great if you could write my
address in CC, since I'm not a subscriber to this mailing list.

(the described problem is actually not a problem for me know, but I
thought it could be an important bug report for you as texlive
developers)

Joanna

--
http://typoagrafka.eu