[tex-live] Feature suggestion for xdvi

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat May 3 15:26:26 CEST 2008

Don't know whether this is the right place...  Anyway, here goes:  xdvi
has support for source specials and can display a looking glass and can
run like a server.

What would be rather nifty would be to have a version of xdvi that runs
completely unmapped.  Until I tell it "open a looking glass into text
source line xxx, so and so many percent into the total line length, and
do the looking glass thing until all mouse keys are released again".

In that manner, I don't need a permanent preview window open, but
instead can just ask Emacs to trigger the looking glass (which shows the
rendered file rather than the source text) at an appropriate place
associated with the current source position.  This functionality could
easily be used from terminal-only editors like vi.

Who do I ask for that?