[tex-live] [Dev-luatex] aleph -> luatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 31 00:48:21 CEST 2008

It seems self-evident to me that it is up to the Aleph maintainers what
to do with their own program.  I'm just the one implementing a
recommendation.

No one seems to know how many actual Aleph users there are at this
point-- you are the only one known.  That's part of why I broadcast the
email.

I don't have strong feelings about it myself, although it's always nice
to save space and simplify things.  It's no problem to continue to
include the separate binary; the work is already done.  We can make the
binary available even if we don't include it on the DVD.

karl

P.S. It is extra work for me to read your HTML-only messages.  Any
chance of making your mailer at least multipart/alternative?