[tex-live] Package documentation

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 23:05:57 CET 2008

2008/3/27, Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
>

> it's not (quite) as bad as that: the html (as is the way) has a poor
>  structure, but all the information is in xml, from which the html is
>  generated.
>
>  this is better news only in the sense that deriving the database you're
>  imagining isn't going to be (quite) as bad as you might think.

It's sometimes important to store not only the file name but also its
location. For instance, several manuals have the name
manual.{dvi,ps,pdf}. If I type "texdoc manual" in TL 2007, a
manual.dvi (written in Bengali) is displayed. If I know that I want
the manual for Velthuis Devanagari, I can type "texdoc
velthuis/manual" and I get manual.pdf from the doc/generic/velthuis
directory.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/