[tex-live] No rule to make target `ppower4', needed by `all'. Stop

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:05:03 CET 2008

2008/3/15, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
> Karl Berry writes:
>   >     BTW, I added the svn:executable flag to everything in Master/bin but
>   >
>   > I think that's a mistake.  You don't want to do that on symlinks.
>
>  But symlinks are always executable.  I don't know what svn does with
>  them.
>
>   > I wish you had refrain.  I am getting svn errors now, such as: A
>   > ppower4 A thumbpdf svn: In directory '.'  svn: Can't change perms
>   > of file 'ppower4': No such file or directory
>   >
>   > (in i386-linux.)
>
>  There are problems in other bin/* dirs too, except win32 and
>  x86_64-linux, though I didn't treat the differently.  I do not get the
>  same error messages than you.  When running svn stat I get:
>
>   L    .
>   L    trunk
>  ! L    trunk/Master
>  ! L    trunk/Master/bin
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/i386-freebsd/dvitype
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/i386-freebsd/bg5+latex
>  ! L    trunk/Master/bin/i386-freebsd
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/i386-openbsd/dvitype
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/i386-openbsd/bg5+latex
>  ! L    trunk/Master/bin/i386-openbsd
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/mips-irix/dvitype
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/mips-irix/bg5+latex
>  ! L    trunk/Master/bin/mips-irix
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/powerpc-darwin/dvitype
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/powerpc-darwin/bg5+latex
>  ! L    trunk/Master/bin/powerpc-darwin
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/alpha-linux/dvitype
>  ?      trunk/Master/bin/alpha-linux/bg5+latex
>  [...]
>
>  And svn clenup says:
>
>  svn: In directory '.'
>  svn: Can't copy '.svn/tmp/text-base/dvitype.svn-base' to '.svn/tmp/dvitype.tmp.tmp': Success
>
>  There are obviously problems with dvitype (not a symlink) and
>  bg5+latex.  I already exported the bin dirs from rev 6968 and could
>  replace the files but my working copy is locked, hence I can't delete
>  them.  Can you?

There seems to be a problem in the repository. I tried a fresh update
and svn reported:

svn: In directory 'Master/bin/i386-linux'
svn: Can't change perms of file 'Master/bin/i386-linux/ppower4': No
such file or directory

Does the repository use FSFS or Berkeley DB? I suspect that Berkeley
DB is used and it is now in an unstable state after some failure.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/