[tex-live] TL 2008 production

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 10 00:04:13 CET 2008

Hi Zdenek,

    I would like to ask when TL 2008 will go to production.

The June target that Reinhard mentions is when I want to have the final
images go to production.  Hopefully *early* June.  Ultimately, I'd like
people to have the DVD's in their hands by TUG'08 (mid-July), and since
realistically it always takes at least a month for disc production and
mailing ...

The biggest remaining task on the sources side is to import LuaTeX.
Martin plans to work on that over Easter (that's March 23 for those like
me who don't have Easter dates implanted in their heads :).  I hope to
turn over the sources to the builders for an initial shot at it shortly
after that.

That's for the sources.  We won't be freezing package updates until
later, when the builds are actually done and tested and all that.

So the answer to your package updates is, it doesn't have to be
instantaneous or anything, but of course the sooner the better.

Having the Windows binary will be great.  Unix binaries aren't
important, as we'll be recompiling everything anyway.  (Many times.)

I'll answer about Babel separately.

Thanks,