[tex-live] Bugs in install-tl for win32

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jun 25 12:31:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

Norbert Preining scripsit (25.06.2008 12:06)
> I can only assume that CTAN was in the mirroring process when that
> happened, so that problems did occur.

I don't know how long did the mirroring process lasts, but I had mirror
problems installing from network on my linux box 2 weeks ago. All was
magically solve once I used the -url option.

Perhaps I don't understand how mirror.ctan.org and the installer work, but I'm
under the impression that different mirrors can be used for each package: in
case the mirrors are not perfectly in sync, what is found on a mirror will
possibly not match the texlive.tlpdb from the first mirror.

Is it possible to just pick a mirror at the beginning, then stick to this
mirror to the end?  This should avoid coherence porblems and help to identify
possibly broken mirrors.

Manuel.