[tex-live] papersizes: in the document or as system-wide setting?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Mon Jun 23 22:17:17 CEST 2008

"Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> Are there any printers around that support different standard sizes than
>> A4 and letter -
>
> There certainly are : My HP 1200 offers

I am aware that usual printers are able to print on many different
sizes. But I'm sure that all the derivatives of A0, including B and C
series, are hardly ever "standard" sizes, they are just sometimes
"printed on also". Things would be different for me if the habit of some
country would be to print on a really different format, something
between A5 and A3, with completely unrelated height and width.

Like letter paper... ;-)

>> 16K

What is this?

>> A5
>> A6
>> B5

Those are not standards sizes in my view.

?

>> Double Japan Postcard Rotated

Postcard doesn't sound like a standards size for an office or someone's
home, neither do the Envelope sizes.

>> Executive
>> Folio
[...]