[tex-live] Including pdf images fails while running pdflatex

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Jun 2 17:00:44 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Joanna Rycko wrote:

> Staszek Wawrykiewicz schrieb:
> >> [1] I wasn't able to update bin-texlive and texlive-infra:
> >> "We cannot upgrade bin-texlive on win32, since we are running it!"
> >> I didn't find any hint, HOW to upgrade those packages "not running
> >> them". It would be great, if you could write such a hint in this error
> >> message.
> >
> > Already known problem, but thanks for reminding that.
>
> So does it mean, that now the only [two] ways to update the binaries are:
> 1) use svn
> 2) make a new installation of texlive
>
> Or maybe just copy the binaries manually?

Ahh, forgot to add a hint, sorry.
wget ftp://ftp.tug.org/texlive/tlnet/tldev/tlpkg/bin-texlive.tar.lzma
wget ftp://ftp.tug.org/texlive/tlnet/tldev/tlpkg/texlive-infra.tar.lzma

and upack them in the stucture. I'm not sure if this work as expected,
because the format of texlive.tlpdb was changed 2 days ago and I do not
know if it can cooperate well with .tlpdb in your installation
(both are compared). Good luck, anyway (and please change the thread name
for the next time, OK? :-)

All the best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz