[tex-live] minor issues with installer

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jul 31 18:36:11 CEST 2008

Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
> Manual

:-) I never had my name translated before.

> suggested checking if DISPLAY exists on OS X, but I know that
> the error doesn't come from you. It's just that Perl/Tk has not been
> ported to Aqua and depends on X11. Only Tcl/Tk and Ruby/Tk work OK
> with native Aqua.

The idea is that if we can somehow detect if X11 is running /before/ we try
to load the Tk module, then we can exit with a hopefully nicer error message
than what happens currently.  If things work as I expect (which they almost
never do on Mac OS, but one never knows), DISPLAY should be set iff X11 is
running.  Can you check this, Mojca?

Manuel.