[tex-live] pdflualatex pdf inclusion failure

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 17 22:44:30 CEST 2008

    i don't even get the pdfluatex and pdflualatex links in the bin
    directory with a fresh install.

A fresh install from what?  It depends on what
schemes/collections/packages you chose.

Or are you talking about a build?  That depends on the fmtutil.cnf in
the Build dir and whether the run-texlinks target got run, as the
top-level world target does.  Ie, lots of variables.

Anyway, this is a completely different issue (and one I'm not worried
about).

P.S. Update: the pdflualatex crash only happens when I run under make.
Doesn't happen from cmdline or under gdb.  And the environment is not
the culprit.  Argh.