[tex-live] texdoc doesn't find man pages

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 16 14:36:53 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:59:43PM +0200, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

> If you mean 2, I strongly agree.  Actually, we decided to produce pdf forms of
> the man/info pages and ship them.  This way, texdoc can display the
> information from the manpages in a easy, system-independent way.

BTW, for some of the programs I also provide PDF files
from the .web files, enhanced by hyperref
in project latex-tds, module knuth:
  doc/knuth/etc/vftovp.pdf (VF, TFM)
  doc/knuth/etc/vptovf.pdf (VPL)
  doc/knuth/mf/mf.pdf
  doc/knuth/mfware/gftodvi.pdf (DVI, GF)
  doc/knuth/mfware/gftopk.pdf (GF, PK)
  doc/knuth/mfware/gftype.pdf (GF)
  doc/knuth/mfware/mft.pdf
  doc/knuth/tex/tex.pdf
  doc/knuth/texware/dvitype.pdf (DVI)
  doc/knuth/texware/pltotf.pdf (PL)
  doc/knuth/texware/pooltype.pdf
  doc/knuth/texware/tftopl.pdf (TFM)
  doc/knuth/web/tangle.pdf
  doc/knuth/web/weave.pdf

Some are quite important, because they contain the official
description of file formats, e.g. dvitype for DVI, gftype for GF,
vftovp for VF, ...

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>