[tex-live] pubform.bib spurious @ character

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 6 20:57:31 CEST 2008

Hello Dr. Vollmer and all,

We received a report about the file pubform.bib in the acmconf package.

It contains the standard headers for LaTeX, including the character
table, but the character table contains the character "@".  This breaks
the BibTeX file, since there are no comments per se in bibtex files.

Since it is LaTeX that is "helpfully" inserting that character table
when your .dtx is processed, I'm afraid I don't know how to solve it.

For the record, Oren tells me that he plans to define real comments in
a bug fix BibTeX release.  When that will happen, I have no idea.

Norbert, I moved pubform.bib out of the runtime.  It's only for the
acmconf doc anyway, as far as I can see.

Best,
Karl