[tex-live] Installing TL2008

Fabrice DELENTE fdelente at mail.cpod.fr
Sat Jul 5 10:04:46 CEST 2008

Hello.

After having rebuilt the binaries (because kpsewhich didn't work), I went on
ton install TeXLive.

I used the 'install-tl' script, which downloads and installs from the net.

After having set it up (I excluded the binaries package, as I have built the
binaries myself), I asked for the install.

However I got the same

running updmap-sys
updmap: config file updmap.cfg not found.
re-running mktexlsr /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var
mktexlsr: Done.
pre-generation all format file (fmtutil-sys --all)
/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/x86_64-linux/fmtutil: line 337: /texconfig/tcfmgr: No such file or directory
fmtutil: config file fmtutil.cnf' not found.

as on my first try.

I looked into /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/x86_64-linux/fmtutil, and it seems
that

MT_TEXMFMAIN=`kpsewhich --var-value=TEXMFMAIN`

doesn't give any value to MT_TEXMFMAIN

Is there a way to override this?

--
Fabrice DELENTE