[tex-live] bad TFM files in TeXLive!

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 25 02:42:02 CET 2008

Werner,

Back on this mail from 2 Jul 2005 about parentheses and TFM files.

I asked: The EC fonts have parentheses in the coding scheme strings?
And you said: Yes.

But I just ran tftopl on every ec*tfm in
Master/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec and saw no such parentheses.
I'm confused, since Jorg confirmed back in 2005 that the parens were
there, and the ec*.tfm's haven't changed in years.

Then, as one possible fix, you wrote:
    Changing `(' and `)' to `/', as it is done with pltotf.

Looking at the pltotf source, I didn't quickly see where that happens.
(I also didn't actually try it, having already spent too long
researching this again.)

karl