[tex-live] pdftex ambiguous entry for `ecbm1440': font file present but not included

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jan 18 16:08:59 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:09:31PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fr, 18 Jan 2008, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > of missing map files, it needs some fine-tuning though. After commenting out
> > the cm-super map files updmap-sys now generates much more sane pdftex map
> > files. I will play with it yet more.
>
> If you install ALL of TeX Live but cm-super then you are settled, all
> the right map files are there.
>
> Otherwise it is quite easy: For every zip you don't include check the
> included .tpm file and remove the reference to the map file listed in
> the .tpm files TPM:Installation/Execute function.
>
> Next year the tpms are gone, and we will have perl modules for the
> access to all these data.

I have only looked superficially at this, but can the tpm be used to
know the dependency chains between ctan packages and ctan packages and
fonts (at least those included in texlive)? Is there some doc on that
or is it only in the code? And last will it still be used with the perl
modules and where are they located?

--
Pat