[tex-live] pdftex ambiguous entry for `ecbm1440': font file present but not included

Jindrich Novy jindranovy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:51:42 CET 2008

Hi Norbert,

reply/reply to all problem. I sent it to texlive at tug.org as well.

> On Fr, 18 Jan 2008, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > This file is missing from the Fedora TeXLive package:
> >

> > >        Master-2007.0/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/cm-super/cm-
> super-t1.map
> > >

> > because we don't package cm-super.zip. The reason is its huge size (66M
> > zipped,
> > 112M expanded). TeXLive would only hardly fit to any Fedora LiveCD media
> if
> > we
> > package it. Is there any way how to generate correct pdftex map files
> > without
> > cm-super installed?
>
> Yes: But I guess I know what you did wrong (someone else did probably
> the same error while packaging):
>
> Do the FC people create a new updmap.cfg of just take the one from TeX
> Live???
>
> If you take the one in the TL2007 then you are lost!!! It does not
> correspond to what you have installed.

We modified updmap.cfg of course, otherwise updmap coudln't succeed because
of missing map files, it needs some fine-tuning though. After commenting out
the cm-super map files updmap-sys now generates much more sane pdftex map
files. I will play with it yet more.

Thanks for help!
Jindrich