[tex-live] graphics package .def files?

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at latex-project.org
Sat Jan 5 20:20:51 CET 2008

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:09:51 +0100, Karl Berry wrote:

Hi Karl,

> Back on the email from last September about graphics drivers ...
>
>     > If someone
>     > would like to do that, and communicate with Cho and Hirata, and
>     > hopefully get it into future dvipdfmx releases, that would be
> helpful.
>
>     I have asked Cho.
>
> Before I write ... do you recall any reply?

I didn't even recall having asked initially! :-)

Looking through my archives I find

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:06:36 +0100, Jin-Hwan Cho wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2006, at 9:04 PM, Morten Høgholm wrote:
>
>> Any news on the state of dvipdfmx.def?
>
> Sorry for my late reply. No progress after the discussion. Actually
> I doubted that dvipdfmx.def is a necessary file. Anyway, if I write
> a new driver file, dvipdfmx.def, can you put it in the graphics bundle?
>
> Best, ChoF.

Apparently I never responded to that message (the date suggests it arrived
in the middle of a two-week exam so I may have forgotten all about it).

Cho, perhaps you can bring us up to speed on graphics drivers related to
(x)dvipdfm(x)?

> and
> unnecessary to do so anyway since anyone who wants it will have to get
> vtex itself from somewhere else, and hence will have their preferred
> file.  So I removed vtex.def from TL.

Precisely.

--
Morten