[tex-live] graphics package .def files?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jan 5 19:09:51 CET 2008

Hi Morten (and all),

Back on the email from last September about graphics drivers ...

    Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:07:52 +0200
    From: Morten Høgholm <morten.hoegholm at latex-project.org>

    The one [dvipdfm.def] you have is this one, right?
    \ProvidesFile{dvipdfm.def}
             [1999/9/6 vx.x Driver-dependant file]

Yes.  Just leaving that as-is in TL.

    > - dvipdfmx.def:
    > There is a dvipdfmx.def.sample at
    > http://cvs.ktug.or.kr/viewcvs/dvipdfmx/contrib/latex/.  I have not
    > investigated the differences (if any) from what is in TL.  If someone
    > would like to do that, and communicate with Cho and Hirata, and
    > hopefully get it into future dvipdfmx releases, that would be helpful.

    I have asked Cho.

Before I write ... do you recall any reply?

    [vtex.def]
    %% Copyright (c) 1998-2001 by MicroPress, Inc.
    %% All Rights Reserved.

Well, that is newer than the version that was in TeX Live, and it seems
there is no permission to distribute (let alone modify) it, and
unnecessary to do so anyway since anyone who wants it will have to get
vtex itself from somewhere else, and hence will have their preferred
file.  So I removed vtex.def from TL.

Thanks,
Karl