[tex-live] CTAN has a new package: hwkatakana

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Feb 20 07:55:32 CET 2008

> Werner, is it not possible to integrate hwk into CJK as a matter of
> cohesion? Even if you do not like half-width katakana :-)

Of course it would be possible!  But:

  . hwkatakana is a stand-alone package and works as such.

  . CJK is basically a macro package, not a bundle for fonts.

BTW, I've made an error: It's not a problem with the `CJK' package but
with `wadalab'.

It would make sense to integrate hwkatakana into wadalab, at least on
the TeXLive side.  Hmm...  Anyway, it's still a quirky issue...

    Werner