[tex-live] bad TFM files in TeXLive!

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Feb 9 19:40:35 CET 2008

    > I asked: The EC fonts have parentheses in the coding scheme strings?
    > And you said: Yes.

    A typo.  I meant `FC' fonts.

Ok.

But now, I don't exactly see that there's anything to do.  Yes, fc*.tfm
have parens in the coding schemes.  But that is not disallowed in tfm's,
as far as I can see.  It is only disallowed in pl's.  And tftopl changes
() in the bcpl strings to /.  So it seems like all the programs are
doing the right thing?

I certainly agree it would be better if the original tfm's did not
contain parens, but that is not up to me.  (If Jorg agrees but doesn't
have time, I don't mind making the actual changes and re-uploading to
CTAN, but I don't want to change the tfm's just in TL.)