[tex-live] tlmgr.pl: (make_container) size=1 not a file or directory

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Tue Dec 23 00:10:53 CET 2008

Since I last downloaded and ran update-tlmgr-latest.exe a few days
ago I have been getting the message in the subject line:

   tlmgr.pl: (make_container) size=1 not a file or directory

It does not seem (yet) to have caused any problems. Unfortunately,
the message gives no clue as to exactly _what_ is "not a file or
directory".

Not every package produces the message, but some some produce
it several times. "tlmgr --version" reports:

   tlmgr revision 11613 (2008-12-14 02:28:29 +0100)
   tlmgr using installation C:/TL2008
   Tex Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2008
   texlive-20080903

The OS is Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

Dan Luecking
--
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701