[tex-live] bug(?) of tlmgr

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 16:10:00 CET 2008

On 12/19/08, Fengnan Gao <fnsteed at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Karl. I did what you said, but it's not working, the error message
> is still there. And BTW, I haven't installed any Perl (I mean other than the
> perl within texlive).

It is not always easy to know if some 3rd party app has installed perl, so it
is just possible that you have another perl without knowing.  There are
several systems <http://use.perl.org/~bart/journal/34795> that package
perl apps in a way that may disguise the fact that perl is being installed.

I'm not sure how you would rule out such things -- but it might be worth
checking for "PERL" in the environment and scanning your disk for
perl.exe.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia