[tex-live] tlmgr

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:02:41 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Fengnan Gao <fnsteed at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> To fix that call
>>> tlmgr install collection-latexextra collection-xetex
>>> etc, hopefully that fixes the missing packages.
>>>

> How can I know which collections to install just by the names of the missing
> packages?
>
> Is that  tlmgr search psu-thesis?
>
> Thanks.

%tlmgr show psu-thesis

Package:    psu-thesis
Category:   Package
ShortDesc:  Package for writing a thesis at Penn State University.
LongDesc:   The package provides proper page formatting according to
the Penn State thesis office guidelines (as of 2004) and automatically
formats the front and back matter, title page, and more. A BibTeX
style file is also included for the bibliography.
Installed:  Yes
Revision:   10647
Collection: collection-publishers

It tells you what collection it belongs to and if it is installed
-HTH

-