[tex-live] Installation problems on Windows Vista

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 20:31:38 CET 2008

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Mo, 01 Dez 2008, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> > I interpreted this mail that the bug in tlmgr win has bin fixed. So I
> > thought the corrected files would be deployed by an update.
>
> No, I have fixed it this morning CET, tonight there will be probably no
> update due to Karl being offline, so tomorrow night the stuff on tug.org
> will be rebuilt, after that it takes about one day for all CTAN mirrors
> to pick up the changes.

actually, it's nearer 2 days :-(

and it's indeterminate, i'm afraid.  the central ctan sites will all
have it within an hour or so of 0700 gmt, but timing isn't necessarily
exact (transfers take a long time, sometimes), and the times at which
mirrors pick up from their designated ctan can add up to a day, and some
mirrors mirror other mirrors, which can in principal add getting on for
another day (and still be acceptable to the mirror.ctan.org).

this mirroring mechanism isn't great, but it's the best we've got :-(