[tex-live] Installation problems on Windows Vista

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Dec 1 19:30:50 CET 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Mon, 01 Dec 2008 18:21:47 +0100 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:
> >> how does miktex do it then?
> >>
> > Not sure, but I think mikTeX just doesn't do it. I assume the MikTeX
> > infrastructure doens't change betwees two releases.
>
> Not quite sure what you are exactly speaking about, but when miktex
> updates the update manager (and that happens sometimes) it forces a
> two-step update: At first only some binaries can be installed and then
> you have to restart the manager and can go on.

Quite similar as already done in TL2008. So girls and boys, please stop
divagating and do try what was already done, as Norbert explained. Once
again:
-- download update-tlmgr-latest.exe and run it (on Win32; on Vista
   right-click that .exe file and allow to run "as administrator")
or
-- when updating tlmgr by itself:
   1. please have a look at the message; exit tlmgr
   2. run "Final step..." by clicking the icon on desktop; after that the
      icon will dissapear.

Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz