[tex-live] texdoc error

Fengnan Gao fnsteed at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 04:50:50 CEST 2008

Dear TeXlive develpoers,

Hello, I'm a mathematics student in Nanjing University in China.

Yesterday, I installed TeXlive 2008 from the net (using net installer), but today I turned on my computer, find a error like this. In cmd window (I'm using Vista), I type
    texdoc minitoc
then an Acrobat window is supposed to be opened and view texmf-dist\doc\latex\minitoc\minitoc.pdf, however I receive a error box, which says "An internal error occured.", then the Acrobat window is closed. I saw nothing. I'm using Acrobat 9.0 and when I discuss with some guy in http://bbs.ctex.org, he says nothing wrong happens since he is using Acrobat 7. Thus I guess it should be something wrong so the texdoc is not compatible with the newest Acrobat 9.0. Or it might be a compatible problem for my Vista.

Can you spare something and give me an explanation about it and fix it if you can?

Thanks! I'm really a fan of your amazing work.