[tex-live] Installing TeXLive2008 on Cygwin

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Tue Aug 26 01:16:16 CEST 2008

George N. White III ha scritto:

> Don't get ahead of yourself -- the first question is whether the binaries
> actually work.

In all my tests, they are working fine. I only need to set the PATH.

I have rebuilt several documents, generating PDF, DVI, PS output. In all
cases the resulting files have about the same size and quality of those
created by current MiKTeX.

> ...and you will need to create links as already
> mentioned.

I do not think I need!

In my build, bin/i686-pc-cygwin contains a lot of symlinks (about 100?),
many of which to ../../texmf/scripts:

epspdf -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/epspdf/epspdf
epstopdf -> ../../texmf/scripts/epstopdf/epstopdf.pl
htlatex -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/tex4ht/htlatex.sh

Cheers,
    Angelo.