[tex-live] Not so good experience with TL net install on windows.

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Aug 25 01:00:50 CEST 2008

OK, that does confirm my hypothesis
that there is /no warning/ before
telling the user how to start the
installation : the relevant bits
read

> TeX Live 2008 - test installer packages
>
> This directory contains a preliminary test installer for the TeX Live 2008 release.
>
> To try it, download one of these archives: install-tl.zip for Windows (2+mb), or install-tl.tar.gz (200+kb) for everything else. (The .zip archive will actually work fine on any platform; it includes everything the .tar.gz does, plus additional support programs needed only on Windows.)
>
> After unpacking (an unpacked copy is also included here in the install-tl directory), run the top-level install-tl program and choose the scheme, collections, and other options to download and install.

Can I urge that a warning be added to this file, before the last
(cited) line, advising that all extant TEX-related environment
variables be deleted ?
--------