[tex-live] tl 2008 most-likely-final rebuild

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 24 01:02:02 CEST 2008

    Will there be a tarball of the texmf's as discussed previously?

As discussed previously :) on the tldistro list, I have been making
tarballs for quite some time now (I build them simultaneously with the
iso's, via tlpkg/bin/tl-update-images).  It was one of the first things
I did when we started the release cycle.  See
ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test, namely
- source (Build/source, same file as Master/source/source-*.tar.lzma)
- bin (Master/bin)
- texmf (Master/texmf*)
- extra (everything else)

Hope it suits.

I haven't moved the files to .../historic yet (another part of our
discussion back then), but I will when the release is official (ie, I
hear from Manfred that the DVD master has been cut).

Best,
karl