[tex-live] TL2008 installation under Windows

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:34:04 CEST 2008

2008/8/13 Gregor Zimmermann <gregor.zimmermann at physik.uni-leipzig.de>:
> Hi Manuel,
>
>>> Furthermore, 'pdf(la)tex' is not an option as long as the only
>>
>> I don't fully agree on this point. You can still compile with latex+dvips
>> and
>
> These routes work as long you are not typesetting large documents with
> hundreds of graphics (vector diagrams interspersed with high-resolution
> bitmap-data) - dvips just takes ages...
>
>> use psview or ps2pdf and any pdf viewer, or convert your eps graphics to
>> pdf.
>
> Haven't found a decent vector graphics program with full PDF edititng
> support either - so I'm stuck with CorelDraw and EPS...

If you put all *.eps to the same directory, you can open DOS window,
cd to that directory and type:

for %e in (*.eps) do epstopdf %e

Then you take a beer or whatever and in the meantime all your EPS will
be converted to PDF ready for inclusion into pdf(la)tex.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/