[tex-live] More trouble with TeXLive 2008 preview on Windows

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Aug 10 10:02:33 CEST 2008

Vasile Gaburici wrote:

> The real bug seem that lua stuff assumes os.getenv("TEXMFCACHE") will
> actually work on Windows. But it seems that setting stuff in .cnf
> files doesn't set environment variables on Windows, even inside Lua.

No. From the wiki page (I though you said you had seen it?):

*  If there is an environment variable named TEXMFCACHE, this will
    point to the desired harddisk location
*  Otherwise, if reading texmfcnf.lua results in the variable TEXMFCACHE
    being set, this is the desired location. this is the recommended
    approach, see below
*  If that doesn't work either, a list of likely environment variables
    is tested, and the first environment variable that is set is assumed
    to  point to the correct location.
*  As a last resort, the local directory is used.

But in any case, this is not a texlive issue. As I said earlier,
context+luatex on texlive is left unconfigured *on purpose*.
Any configureation problems a context issue and should be discussed
on the context mailing list, not here.

Best wishes,
Taco