[tex-live] TL installer doing things without permission :-(

Philip TAYLOR Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Thu Aug 7 22:42:02 CEST 2008

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

 > I don't see what is the big deal; they are trivially easy to remove.

I thought that the purpose of inviting test installs
was to identify problems before TL 2008 goes live.
If the TL installer does things without the users
permission, then there will be complaints.  Now is
our chance to avoid those complaints, by making the
installer ask before doing things.  I have already
seen another test-installer express concern that
the path was modified without his/her consent; we
need to /listen/ to these complaints, not dismiss
them as trivial.

** Phil.