[tex-live] Dead cycle occure when run fmtutil-sys --all under windows.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 7 02:23:48 CEST 2008

    - latex format is built but saved into a non searched place

I removed my latex.fmt and jadetex.fmt and ran jadetex foo, and it
created them both in the right order and installed them both.

Er, I wasn't using fmtutil-sys, though, just fmtutil.  But if
fmtutil-sys didn't work, then our default installation of creating all
formats wouldn't work.

Maybe it's Debian-specific?

    Frank hacked together some patches to fmtutil-sys, but I am not
    sure.

If any diffs, please post.

    Karl, Jonathan, everyone with fmtutil mastery, can we fix that please?

As I think I wrote once before, if the problem persists, it seems to me
the most reliable way to solve it would be to change *jadetex.ini to
simply \input *latex.ini instead of using &latex in fmtutil.cnf, and
thus avoid recursive format creation.  Not that I've tried it ...

(I'm rather amazed that recursive format creation works at all.)

karl