[tex-live] Feedback on TeX Live 2008 network installer under Win/XP :

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Aug 6 14:12:16 CEST 2008

1) The buttons comes very close to the right-hand edge
    of the window, leading one to believe that there
    might be further information that cannot be seen.

2) Highlighting and overtyping C:/Program files/texlive/2008
	in the dialogue box for TEXDIR does not work; new
	characters are highlit, and therefore deleted when
	the next character is typed.

3) Attempting to cancel out of this leads to CMD-box
	errors "Can't locate object method 'cancel' via
	package 'TK::After::Cancelled' at .../Widget.pm
	line 492"

4) "Use ~ for HOME/USERPROFILE" is not meaningful (to me).

5) TEXMFHOME (...) ~/texmf : the concept of tilde is
	not a Windows concept.  I would like to specify
	"My documents/TeX/ here, but there is no browse
	button and "My documents" is not a normal path.

More as/when they occur.

** Phil.