[tex-live] wrong links with --disable-multiplatform

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Apr 24 21:31:09 CEST 2008

Peter Münster <pmlists at free.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 24 2008, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Peter Münster <pmlists at free.fr> wrote:

>> > No problem for me.
>>
>> But a large problem for all downstream distributions which either have
>> only one architecture or separate packages for each of them - in other
>> words pretty much each of them.
>
> You could do the same as I did yesterday: I considered, that
> --disable-multiplatform is no more supported and modified my spec-file
> (see http://pmrb.free.fr/texlive/ ) accordingly.

Yes, we can all do essentially the same work about ten times, each one
in their one distro-specific lingo, so that we cannot share our
efforts.

Or instead keep --disable-multiplatform working, as it has been in teTeX
since I can remember, and in TeXLive since I'm involved.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)