[tex-live] [Fwd: [Fwd: ec.enc, cork.enc and tcaron]]

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Apr 15 23:46:30 CEST 2008

Hi Zdenek,

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

>>  This cork.enc may show buggy behaviour when combined with the font
>>  it is tied to in your psfonts.map or pdftex.map (and if that came from
>>  texlive, then there is a bug in the map file) but the encoding file
>>  itself is still correct even in that case.
>>
> I do not agree. This bug is ost evident if afm2tfm or a similar

No amount of disagreement will help you. You simply cannot change an
encoding file independent of the font it is to be used with and still
have the font work properly. Period. Just like you can't simply change
names in a phone directory and expect to still be able to find known
people in it.

Cheers,
Taco