[tex-live] [Fwd: [Fwd: ec.enc, cork.enc and tcaron]]

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 23:26:16 CEST 2008

2008/4/15, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:

>  Hi Vit,
>
>  Jim Hefferon wrote:
>
> > Please forgive the forward; I don't understand anything about encodings
> > myself so I can only pass on the report whole.  Vit Zyka wrote me the
> > message below.

I do not agree. This bug is ost evident if afm2tfm or a similar
program is asked to generate small caps font by scaling the uppercase
characters. When creating small caps /ccaron the program will look for
/Ccaron and scale it. If the program comes to /tquoteright, it would
like to scale /Tquoteright but such a character does not exist. The
character has meaning of /tcaron, its Unicode name is LATIN SMALL
LETTER T WITH CARON. Another problem arises when searching PDF or when
cutting&pasting the texts from PDF via a clipboard. If /toUnicode map
is not inserted, the algorithm relies upon the postscript names and
/tcaron is expected here. If the name is changed to /tquoteright, the
text is damaged in these operations.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/