[tex-live] [Fwd: [Fwd: ec.enc, cork.enc and tcaron]]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 15 20:38:28 CEST 2008

    There is wrongly named the glyph 'tcaron' by 'tquoteright' in the files

The situation with tcaron/tquoteright is not as simple as "one is right
and one is wrong".  Jacko and Janusz have written reams about the pain
of Adobe glyph naming.  I will ask them for advice.

The master for cork.enc is http://tug.org/fontname/cork.enc.  That ends
up in dvips/base in TeX Live.

I am not aware of any master for ec.enc.  Perhaps it started life in
NFSS and Sebastian just copied it into TL, since it's at
ftp://tug.org/historic/macros/latex209/nfss2-9307/psnfss2/metrics/ec.enc

One would hope that ec.enc and cork.enc would be the same, but of course
they aren't.  Sigh.

karl