[tex-live] symlink bug in install-tl.sh?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 3 19:30:09 CEST 2007

Hello Daniel,

Back on your TeX Live mail from June.

    On SLES 10, the man-directory is not /usr/man but /usr/share/man,

I changed the defaults, since /usr/share/man and /usr/share/info are
much more common these days as far as I know.

    and when the user accepts the default value without checking, no
    link is created at all during the installation and no error message
    or warning about this is displayed after.

Hmm.  Whenever the symlink target dirs are unwritable, I get an error
message and a prompt; it doesn't let me go on with the install.
I don't think anything about this has changed since the 07 release,
though.  Not sure where to go from here ...

Thanks,
Karl