[tex-live] bug in babel latin.ldf

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 30 21:20:31 CET 2007

On Di, 30 Okt 2007, Morten Høgholm wrote:
> >Latest Babel, or is it enough to grab the latest latin.ldf?
>
> Johannes updated latin.dtx recently so that should be sufficient I believe.

Umpf, yes, it is true, with the version from CTAN it does compile
without errors.

But please, can we do decent version numbering / date stamps?

diff OLD/latin.ldf CTAN/latin.ldf:
(so the - lines are in the OLD one, the + ones in the CTAN version!)
-%% Copyright 1989-2005 Johannes L. Braams and any individual authors
+%% Copyright 1989-2000 Johannes L. Braams and any individual authors
-        [2005/11/17 v2.0g Latin support from the babel system]
+        [2007/03/20 v.2.0f Latin support from the babel system]

Ok the Date is better, but the version is less ...

Anyway, thanks a lot

Norbert

LE TOUQUET (n.)
A mere nothing, an unconsidered trifle, a negligible amount. Un
touquet is often defined as the difference between the cost of a
bottle of gin bought in an off-licence and one bought in a duty-free
shop.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff