[tex-live] czhyphen.tex missing on CTAN

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:06:36 CET 2007

2007/10/30, Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org>:
> > >                                          ^^^^
> > >                                        the file
> >
> > but not the slovak hyphenation files?  why not?
>
> I have only checked czhyphen.tex, nothing else; this is the only
> reason.

There are historical reasons, the hyphenation files are part of
csplain and used by cslatex and latex (and xelatex). Petr Tesarik
(under the CSTUG grant) developed a new Czech and Slovak module for
babel, we are now waiting for its inclusion into standard distribution
(currently it can be installed automatically using my script at
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz/tex/csh_babel.php). This solves
incompatibilities between different czech.sty and slovak.sty and all
extra functionality of cslatex is implemented in this new module so
that cslatex could (and should) be removed when the new module is part
of the official babel. It might be better to do such reorganization
after this happens.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/