[tex-live] Missing dependency checks in configure

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Nov 20 03:42:15 CET 2007

(Sorry for the delayed reply.)

    - libncurses-dev (IIRC texinfo needs it)

Texinfo can use basically any termcap/terminfo library.
I expect you already had one installed, but the configure check failed
for some reason.  If you can figure out why (see config.log), that would
be great, although I doubt this is going to be a priority in your life :).

    - libxaw-dev
    - libxmu-dev
    Checks for these should be added to configure.

There is no rational way to check for distro-specific "packages".  The
check has to be for actual libraries and headers.  And as far as I know
libXaw and libXmu already are checked for, at least in xdvi and the
other X-using programs I recall.  Do you remember which programs needed
it and didn't check?

karl